Wednesday, July 20, 2016

CAISP 2016 | #ThrowbackThursday

Good Morning everybody!
Hope you're all well and in a good mood
It's better to have good mood to start the day



I'm starting to have #ThrowbackThursday on my blog just because I have so many things to share with you that happened before I start blogging again. Hehe. Because it will be such a waste if I don't do it. There are so many event that happened in my life before. And I guess it will be a good thing to share with. It will make my memories last for good too.





So now I'm going to tell you about my experience at CAISP 2016 last April. It's not that long long time ago right? hehe. CAISP is an annual event hosted by Architecure Department of UNDIP (Universitas Diponegoro) from Semarang and Architecure Department of UKDW (Universitas Kristen Duta Wacana) from Jogjakarta. So actually CAISP is not my department event. We were invited to participate in that event. CAISP is stand for Coastal Architecture Installation Space Project. So we asked to participate on making installation made from sand at the beach. CAISP 2016 is located at the beach in Jepara, Central Java. It was Saturday, April 30th 2016. It was my mom's birthday too.

At first I didn't really interested to join but turned out that my friends already put their name into the list. And then I joined them. The reason why I wanted to join is because I would have a free vacation at the same time since I haven't got time to go the the beach after a long time. So yeah I joined them at last.

So after I put my name on the list who joined the event I was invited to line group with others from UNDIP and UKDW. We were given some instruction about what we were gonna do there and what tools we should bring by the supervisor. We were instructed to bring tools like shovel, bucket, ruler, etc. And also we were told to bring spare clothes in case you wanted to change it afterward.


Later, the day has come. We were told to get ready around 5 in the morning. And we should be get in the bus and then we had to prepare to go around 6 am. But, you all know this was gonna happen, some of them were late (no, not me). So we went off from Solo about 7 or 8 am. And one trip from Solo to Jepara takes time for about 4 hours long. So yeah we knew we were gonna be late. And we were late indeed. We arrived to our destination in about 12 pm I guess. And the event has already started from 10 am. So they have already made the installation and it was already half-finished. I was so embarrassed with myself because we were late.

Even though the installation was half-finished I still had to help them to finish it. So I encouraged myself to come to my group to introduce myself and get to know each other. Surprisingly they're all nice and friendly. Although I was still awkward but I tried to get along with them by making the installation together. And gladly we became friends at last. The process of making the installation was fun and as a bonus we gained new friends while we're doing it. That was a really new experience to me. The idea of meeting new people was really terrified me. Sometimes I get uncomfortable with it but I think not anymore. Because it turns out to be fun and interesting.

Okay so after we finished the installation and played a little bit at the beach, we (my group) decided to take some photos to remember. I was a little bit sad because our time has come to an end. We had to go back. We said to keep in touch on line group or maybe we could arrange some meet up some day. So yeah later on we changed our clothes and we were prepared to go back and went to the bus. I felt so tired and we're all tired. Most of us chose to sleep included me. It's a long journey from Jepara to Solo. Eventually, we arrived in Solo at about 12 am or so. It was so late and tired. And I had to walk to my rent room. Like, WHAT? It was in the middle of the night and I had to walk to my rent room and also I was already tired too. But thankfully there was someone in the same direction with me who had to walk to their rent room. So I walked with her for a few meters. And because of her rent room was close so I still had to walk on my own to my own rent room. It's sad but I had to. After I've arrived at my rent room I went straight to bathroom to get change and clean myself before I went to bed. Then I went straight to bed and sleep.

Aaaannd that's all. hehehe.



Here I want to share some photos with you.

This is the installation we made back then



My lovely group






Kissed by the sun













All photos are mine.

I made a short-clip video when I went to CAISP 2016. Hope you like it.





Yours truly,
Lumière Bunny xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment