Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Journey Coffee | Lumière Bunny's Munchies




Hello guys!
How are you?
Hope your day is going well.


Back at it again with Lumière Bunny
Here I am giving you something to share with.
Who loves to eat? Put your hands up please.
Well, I'm gonna share a scrumptious post with you today.
So keep reading folks!


Last weekend, on Saturday to be exact, my boyfriend and I went out for a date. Because we don't know where to go and what to do that day so we decided to eat. There's no good movie. Actually it was but he already watched everything and was giving me no choice. And also the ticket price on the weekend is always driving me nuts. Mostly, it's above 50k. I give up easily when it comes to pricey thing hehe. So I prefer to eat not only because it's worth the money but it makes your belly full and satisfied. Am I right? *smirks*

So on Saturday, my bf picked me up at my house so we could go on a date. It was already 1 pm and we didn't want to stuck on the traffic so off we go. In the meantime we checked on zomato for a place to eat. He asked me what I want. I told him I really wanna try mozaru at Zenbu but he doesn't really like Japanese kind of food so no. Besides, I didn't have much money so, yeah. So we crossed Zenbu out of the list. He picked the place to eat in South Jakarta. So I typed South Jakarta on the location box. There were so many food places showed on the app. Usually we choose or search for dessert places but because of we were so hungry then we wanted places that serve various dishes. There was one place my bf have visited before. It was Journey Coffee. They have two different location, one of them is in Blok M and the other is in Tebet. Because we were looking for a food place around South Jakarta so we chose the Blok M one.


Look at that light sign with the name on it!


After choosing the place, I wanted to see how's people thoughts about the Journey Coffee. So I went to the review section. Most of them said that the place quite dark. I mean not like zero light but low light. But the foods were nice and inexpensive. Actually they have quite reasonable prices for the foods. So my wallet is safe. You know, even though I already got my THR on Ied but because I'm still in holiday mode and I don't really get money on holiday so I have to spend it well just in case I have to hang out with friends or buy something.

After hours of driving finally we've arrived at the place. When the first time I saw the place name I thought it was going to be some cafe that serves various beverages like coffee, tea, frappes, etc. But I was wrong. They don't really serve like "coffee". You know what I mean. They barely serve coffees. If I'm not mistaken they really don't sell coffee there. Some of them are blended-drinks, various tea, hot chocolate, and more. For food they have so many dishes from appetizer, main course, and also dessert. They have savory and sweet dishes like pizza, pasta, cakes, etc.




Here are the menu


Oh by the way, one of the reviews on zomato said that the place is quite dark, right? and yes it is. They have two floors. On the first floor they have a big wide window so it's quite bright. But on the second floor I found it a little bit dark. They don't really have big windows up there and also there's tree blocking the light from outside to enter the room. So I chose to eat downstairs by the big window.


Yup, this is the window I talked about



We sat there so we could see what we're eating. Haha jk.

The reason why I chose to sit there was because the light was okay so I could take photos with nice lighting hehe. And I wanted to see the bar in front of our seat. The bar was really amazed me. I love having a bar situation to see. They make the beverages there so we can hear when they're blending something or when they're about to make coffee. And what I love more is the lamp/light sign (I don't what it called so..) they put on the wall behind the bar. It really makes a nice point of view. And they put some coffee tools and arranged it on the bar table/platform. It's reaaaally making it way more fancy.

Cool right?



There are so many delicious foods there. If I could, I really want to order everything on the menu. But wallet said no. The foods price are okay. They're not too overprice. For the price in around Jakarta it's relatively inexpensive. I chose beef lasagna for food and iced thai tea for drink. While my bf chose chicken cordon bleu and iced lychee tea. I really love the plating. When I saw my food came out I thought "Man...this is fancy". They're good-looking and also good taste. They're delicious and tasty. I really like the food, drink, and also the ambience there. Perfect!

Fancy late-lunch right?

Left - Iced Thai Tea - 30k
Right - Iced Lychee Tea - 30k

Beef Lasagna - 33k

My order - Beef Lasagna and Iced Thai Tea

Chicken Cordon Bleu with French Fries- 35k

His Order - Chicken Cordon Bleu with French Fries and Iced Lychee Tea
 They're really look good on the photos, right? But they taste good too. So don't worry. And they're quite cheap as I said before. You can order as many as you can. I want to try their frappuccino if I have a chance another time. So that ends my post slash review Journey Coffee. Hope you guys like it and maybe some day you can come visit the restaurant and try all of their scrumptious menu.


Here are my other photos. I want to share it with you guys.



I love the furniture here




Looks legit


I have thing with cage lamp these days


That rustic and vintage stuffs


Golden bottle with minty peonies, what a cute combination


Don't you love their furniture as much as I do?


Candid much?

Daydreamin' about foods


 


Well hello boi!


Hello from us two


All photos are mine.





Yours truly,
Lumière Bunny xo 

2 comments:

  1. what a nice cafe! definitely gonna take a visit if possible! lol :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suggest you should do the visit real soon... with me :p

      Delete