Sunday, July 17, 2016

Libur Lebaran part 2016!

Hi guys! I'm back again.
It's been a few days I haven't post anything this week.
Holiday makes me lazy af.
So, yeah here I am again.
How's your day fellas?
Is it good? I hope it is.
And how's holiday? So sad that knowing holiday will end soon.
I guess you got a lot of fun in this holiday. Because you can't call it holiday if it ain't fun, right?


Ok, so now I'm going to tell you about my last trip to my hometown.


In Indonesia, after we celebrate Ied Al-Fitr day mostly we, moslems/Indonesians, will go to our father's or mother's hometown to meet our big family there for silaturahim or maybe just to spend the holiday there. Some of them go to their hometown maybe a week or a few days before Ied Al-Fitr day or even after the Ied Al-Fitr day. And my family tradition is we usually go to my father's hometown along with my big family a day after Ied Al-Fitr day. Because sometime the traffic is not that crazy. Thankfully, my father's hometown is not that far away. Because they whose hometown are far beyond Jakarta or West Java like in Central Java or so will suffer much because of the traffic is like CRAY. Like, who can get comfortable with waiting and stuck in traffic for 30 HOURS or more? Nope, not me. And it will cost more money though if you travel with plane or maybe ship. But I don't really know because I haven't experience it. So, thank God my hometown is not that far. Alhamdulillah.

As I told before, my hometown isn't that far. Basically that's not my hometown. I belong to Bekasi tho hahaha. It's actually my father's hometown. And it's in Parunggawul, Kadipaten, Majalengka. And because not everybody knows where it is so I usually tell them that my hometown is Majalengka or Sumedang even though it's not exactly true.

My family and I went to Majalengka a day after Ied day. So it was Thursday, July 7th 2016 to be exact. I didn't prepare much for the trip because I prepared them that morning and we went on about 9 am. So I didn't really have much time. I forgot my neck pillow, my sandal, and a few things. Even though they're not important but I really need them. After took a bath and did some packing for the trip we got in the car and started the trip. I thought the traffic was okay but it wasn't until we entered the toll road. Even though it wasn't that horrible but the cars were already queuing and moving slowly. At that time my sister was in charge to drive. My dad told her to. After we spent a long long miles driving, our stomach begged us to feed them. So we pulled over to rest area in kilometers 57 I guess. We decided to eat at AMPERA restaurant and waited for rest of family member who's coming with us to Majalengka. I ate bakwan jagung and daging empal. After the eating and waiting, my cousin, my grandma and my aunt have finally arrived. While they're eating, my sis and I decided to eat ice cream because the sun was so bright and hot that day. We chose pistachio almond flavour at Baskin Robbins. Pistachio almond is the BEST! After that we went to mosque to do dzhuhur prayer. And then we continued the trip.

After few hours of driving, my sister and my dad switch duty. So now my father was driving. We had exit the toll road and were already entering Majalengka that time. Before we got to Parunggawul, we needed to get to Cisaar, my grandma's hometown, to see another family members to silaturahim before they went off. Probably before maghrib time we already went off to eat. And then we ate at our favourite restaurant in Kadipaten, Mina restaurant. The gepuk is a well-known dish in that restaurant. It is always be our favourite dish. 

After eating, we went off to Parunggawul. It's already dark outside so wse need to rest. There's a house where we could stay in. That's my deceased grandpa's house. We always stay in that house whenever we went here. After unloaded some luggage and cleaned ourselves we were ready to sleep.

The next morning after I took a bath, I ate breakfast. I ate our's (my family) favourite satay in here. It's called sate Leuwi Lowa. Leuwi Lowa is the name of the place where the satay is sold. After we all had dzuhur prayer we went to Cisaar to see dad's land. My dad wanted to see his land for some reasons. After done looking the land we continued our way. While we were on the road there were so many mangoes sellers on the side of the road. That always happens during the mango season in my hometown. So my father decided to buy some mangoes.

After we've done buy plenty some mangoes we managed to visit my mom's and dad's friends in Sumedang. They've became friends during their hajj trip. When we've arrived at my mom's friend we were kindly welcomed by the family. We were treated to plenty of food. The hospitality is so nice. About after maghrib prayer we decided to going back to Parunggawul. Because we need to rest. And after we arrived at the house we went straight to tidy up the place for sleep. Then, we went to sleep.

The next morning I woke up late as always. Of course I had my subuh prayer before I woke up late. So this day was the last day of our pulang kampung time. My father told us to spend only 3 days there. So after I took a bath I had to clean up and pack my things up and put it on my bag. And then I ate breakfast again with the favoritos satay ever. I won't regret every bite I had when I binge eating that beautiful satay. After binge eating on breakfast I had to clean up the house (just the main room we used for sleep). We had to wait my father and my mother before we go to sunatan one of my family there. My mom and dad went to dad's land again that morning to check ... hmm I don't really know tho).

After my mom and dad have arrived we went to acara sunatan. Briefly, we just did salam-salaman and saying good bye to each other because we're leaving after that. Then we had to pack things up to the car and got ready to leave the place. After took dzhuhur prayer we drove off from that place so we could go back straight to home.

On our way at toll road things just got worst. We got stuck in the traffic. That was about only a few kilometers after we were entering the toll gate. The worst part was I wanted to pee. But we got stuck and some rest area were blocked by the police because they're full. Thankfully I could handle it. So much pain. I know. But Alhamdulillah the traffic was getting better after Cikarang Utama toll gate. And everything seemed to be more easy to pass through.

I was so glad when we were about to exit the Tambun gate. Because of the traffic before, we got hungry. And then we decided to eat at Leko. We ordered Es Kopyor Special with Corn but sadly it was out of stock. So I ordered ice sweet tea to mend my broken heart :(. And for food I ordered empal penyet with rice and crispy mushroom. The best. After done eating we deciced to go back home because we were all exhausted.

So yeah that's my story about my last trip to my hometown. How's yours? I wanna know. So let's share the story.


(I did a little vlog about my trip last week if you're interested. Even though I didn't do much hehe)




I put subtitle on some of my "whisper" words. I'm so shy that's why I whispered.





Yours truly,
Lumière Bunny xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment