Monday, July 4, 2016

Feeling Artsy Enough // ART|JOG|9 2016

Well, hello again folks!


Since I'm being so unproductive these days because you know, when you are on your holiday and you have no idea how to spend your holiday time you'll end up being the most unproductive person, I want to share my last "impulsive" experience with my friends before our holiday start to begin.

Let's begin, shall we?

Every year (started at 2008) there's Indonesian art fair hold in Jogjakarta called ARTJ|JOG.
And each year they have a different theme for the event. I only came to the event twice, the 2015 event and this year event. At 2015, the theme was INFINITY IN FLUX. This year was different too. It was UNIVERSAL INFLUENCE.
As a non-artsy person I don't exactly know the meaning of the theme, even after I observed all of the arts there.

As an annual event, ARTJ|JOG is a very famous exhibition among the artist and non-artist. ARTJ|JOG exhibited so many arts from so many well-known artist from Indonesia (or maybe International artist too, I don't really know). Some of the arts were about their (the artist) feeling about politics, youth problems, many problems that appeared in Indonesia lately, or just some random feeling they had when they're making the art (I guess).

When the first time I came to the art fair ARTJ|JOG|8 it was held in Taman Budaya Yogyakarta. The ARTJ|JOG annually held in Taman Budaya Yogyakarta. But this year was different. The ARTJ|JOG|9 held in Jogja National Museum. The event held for about a month, started from 27 May to 27 June 2016. It opened from 10 am to 10 pm.


Ok now my "impulsive" art-trip start right here.


It was Tuesday, 21 June 2016. It was on Ramadhan month, so I was fasting so did my friends. At that time I no longer had my assignment to do so all I did during the day was nothing. Until late in the afternoon, one of my friend, Salma called me. She asked me about going to ARTJ|JOG that time. I was shocked. Because it was already 4 or 5 pm (I forgot) and I wasn't ready yet. And less than an hour we're about to break fasting too. And also Solo-Jogja is not that close. Yet, we were still going. After we (me, Ela, Sujan, and Salma) got ready to our "impulsive" trip to ARTJ|JOG we decided to meet the others at Nurul Huda Mosque so Salma could park her car there. Another personnel in this trip were Nisak, Handy, Idang, and Fahry. We used Handy's car because it's big enough to accommodate all of us there. It took at least about an hour for us to get to Jogja with a car. But the clock showed it's already 6.18 pm. At that time we knew we're in a rush. After had maghrib prayer we immediately decided to get going.

As we all knew we were in a rush, Handy's driving became crazy. He sped up like crazy. He became one of the Mira bus driver that evening. Fortunately, no passenggers wanted to throw up. Alhamdulillah. Thank God. All we did in that car were singing every song that played in the car. Some of them were sleeping but I wasn't. I was too afraid to sleep, honestly.

After some crazy-driving-thing Handy made, finally we arrived at the event safely. We arrived in about 7 or 8 pm I guess. We rushed to the ticket counter to buy some tickets. The tickets cost 25k rupiah for student (with student card) and 50k rupiah for public. At the outdoor, they put aircraft turbine as an artistic opening. Compared to the last event, I like the last one better. They made a green dome made from real plants and the put some waterfall on it. 



Green dome called "Green Flux" was from ART|JOG 2015


This was the ART|JOG 9 front (artjog.co.id 's photo) sorry I didn't get the photo by my own


I didn't get so many photos because I didn't charge my battery well. I was such in a rush when I charged it for this event. I only got less than an hour to charge up my battery. 




















Mood








These infinity construction












It's look like jellyfish, right?


Hola!





A crown





No. Unfortunately you can't sit on this chair














So tiny


Some cynical words


This...

And also this





The artwork is soooo good, while I look like crap





The wire looks like spider webs

This is about Merapi Mt.








The exit looks like a tunnel into a space ship


Since I don't really know about art, all I could do was taking photos. And here they are...
Please enjoy.

All photos are mine.



Yours truly,
Lumière Bunny xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment